|Address||: Thrissur P. O & Dt|
|Phone||: 0487 2420361|
Impelled by the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, the Diocese of Thrissur initiated to enter into the medical field through a small dispensary. It was a befitting memorial of the sacerdotal Silver Jubilee of the Rev. Dr. George Alappat, Bishop of Trichur, who was the first patron of the hospital. At the time of inception, the hospital functioned in one part of the old building of St. Marys Thope Minor seminary. During this period no one trained as nurses here and two sisters of the Holy Cross congregation at Switzzerland started their valuable service here. To give a helping hand to these sisters, the Diocese required the help of FCC sisters. Daily Sr. Bonomi and Sr. Agathona went there and served faithfully without any salary.
The dispensary was raised to a hospital on 30th December 1952. The growth of the hospital is really a wonder and now it is one of the best medical colleges in India. Separate nursing quarters were established in 1967 for the sisters of each congregation, FCC sisters settled in FCC quarters. Sr. Blessila was appointed as the first superior in 1968 August 28. Our sisters show their gratitude and homage to our Bishop and diocese by promoting sufficient sisters.