|Address||: Perumpillissery Pootharakkal P. O Thrissur (Dt)|
|Phone||: 0487 2342050|
Perumpillissery, which is commonly known as Pootharakkal , a small village, is situated 10 Km east from Thrissur town where the Christians were very less. The strong desire of the parishioners was fulfilled in the year 1939 with the establishment of a new convent in the locality in the name of St. Rita by the founders of FCC Thrissur, Rev. Mothr Louisa and Mother Clara..The foundation stone was laid in the year 1939 November and the blessing was in 1940. Rev. Mother Georgia was the first Sister Superior .There are 12 members in the convent now and they are very much active in the various activities of the parish. There are 90 catholic families at Pootharackal now and sisters are involving in the parish representative body, faith formation, CLC, choir, and preparation for Holy Communion etc.
Since 1939 onwards a L.P school was working along with the convent .It is known as St. Rock's L.P school. A primary school in such a remote area are really a blessing to the village. Thus St. Rock's L.P school is giving the light of wisdom to many generations. To promote and protect poor, homeless girls, they started a balabhavan on 4th November 1973. After finishing primary school study these children can move to Ammadam high school. Thus the poor girls get a chance to complete their studies till SSLC.