|Established Year||: 1957|
|Address||: Engandiyoor P. O Tthrissur (Dt)|
|Phone||: 0487 2290206|
The sharp intellect of Rev. Fr. Paul Chittilappilly paved the way for a dispensary under the leadership of Thrissur Diocese. He requested the service of two FCC sisters to work in that dispensary. So since 1955 Aug 15 onwards two sisters from Mammiyoor convent went to Engandiyoor to serve in the dispensary, thrice in a week. To reduce the difficulties of travelling, Mother General Rev. Mary Celina & Councillors tried to start a convent there. For that purpose, they rented a house for the temporary use and on April 24th 1957 Rev. Fr. Paul Chittilappilly laid the foundation stone for new convent . At the month of June in the same year, FCC sisters bought St. Thomas LP School and plot from the church management and sisters started their selfless service there.
On 7th October 1957, Rt. Rev George Alappatt Bishop of Thrissur Diocese blessed the new convent. For the better development of the village and for the protection of the poor children, an orphanage was established on 14th March 1932. In the beginning, there were only 10 girls. In 1972 a new building was constructed and the orphanage was transferred to that building. Even now after completing 50 years, this convent is actively moving forward for the integral development of the people of that place.