|Established Year||: 1946|
|Address||: Cherpu P. O Thrissur (Dt)|
|Phone||: 0487 2342412|
Cherpu, being a Hindhu area, the superiors didn't get a favorable reply from the Diocese authorities and the local people to establish a new school there. But after some years the parish people themselves wanted a convent in their parish and Fr George Nedupuzha Thattil, the acting chaplain of Karuvannur convent informed the matter to the Provincial team on October 1945. So they took initiative to bring up a new convent at Cherpu.
February 11th of 1946, the feast day of Lourdematha is an important one to Assisi Province because they started living in a rented house at Cherpu. After four years, sisters bought that rented place as their own on 12th May 1950.
The industrial school of Perumpillssery convent, came under Convent since 15th July 1952. Through this centre, the girls got training in hand embroidery, needle work and tailoring. They provide Gov. Certificate to those who passed the examination. Now a liturgical handwork centre is working with the convent. Since 1956 onwards all the liturgical vestments were made in this centre. It is one of the major centers for liturgical vestments. On 12th Aug. 1980 Rev. Fr. John Chemmannur laid the foundation stone for the Parallel college.