|Established Year||: 1972|
|Address||: Brahmakulam (Via) Guruvayoor Thrissur (Dt)|
|Phone||: 0487 2556410|
Brahmakulam St.Joseph's Balabhavan was a part of St.Clare's convent. To give better service to the inmates of Balabhavan it was decided to start a new convent in connection with the balabhavan. On3rd May 1972 the foundation stone for the new convent was laid by the convent chaplain Rev. Fr. George Valiyaveettil, and in 1972 the blessing of the new convent was done by Rt. Rev. Dr. Joseph Kundukulam.
The most important apostolic field of Holy Family convent is St. Joseph balabhavan. With the advent of the new convent the full responsibility of the balabhavan comes under their shoulder.The balabhavan was a part of St. Clare's since 1945 onwards. It was begun with seven orphans, but now it is a shelter for nearly 200 children. The sisters are very much interested in physical, spiritual and intellectual growth and development of the inmates.
A centre named "Vijaya" was started in 1964 to uplift the women of that locality. Through this centre the women got training in type -writing, rope making, mat making etc. Nearly 34 years it was a help for the poor women of that locality. Due to some technical reasons it was stopped in 1994. Now a tailoring centre is working there and give training to women.
The sisters of Holy Family Convent joyfully participated in faith formation, house visiting and they are the animators of various pious associations.